Friday, February 22, 2013

Psalm 23 Today

Today's Bible plan reading included Psalm 23. I love this Psalm & the imagery of the Lord as our Shepherd. David, who wrote this Psalm, was a Shepherd and he connects his care for his sheep with that of God's care for his people.

As I read, I get a lot of the imagery & it is a nourishing word to know that in God we have everything we need. But since we are not sheep herding nomads, some of the meaning may be lost on us. Because of this, many have attempted to write a modern day equivalent to the Psalm. I would throw my hat into this ring today. I am obviously not inspired by God but I hope that this will help you as it has been of great benefit to me as I spent time with the Lord this morning.

PSALM 23
The Lord is my Father

1| The Lord is my Father, what else do I need?

2| Knowing him causes me to sleep in peace. He leads me to places of quiet retreat.

3| His presence refreshes me. He shows me the way that I should go for the sake of his own reputation.

4| When I face the darkest of circumstances & I feel like life is out of control all around me, I will not fear any evil thing or person. Because he is always right here with me. His hands & his voice, they comfort me.

5| He richly provides for all my needs, spiritual & physical, especially when people around me are close by & threatening me. He protects me as a loving Father does his little children. He serves & honors me. I'm overwhelmed & overflowing with his goodness!

6| His goodness & grace are not only with me but they even pursue after me. They pursue me not just in this life on earth but eternally in the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment